Staff Research Scientist
Research areas: Graph Mining, Anomaly Detection, Machine Learning
Dr. Yingtong Dou joined Visa Research as a Staff Research Scientist in December 2022, right after he received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Illinois Chicago in 2022. Yingtong received his B.E. in Internet of Things Engineering from the Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications in 2017. Prior to joining Visa Research, Yingtong did internships at Snap Research and led research collaborations with Microsoft, F5 Research, and Grab.
As a member of the Artificial Intelligence team, his research interests are in graph deep learning, anomaly/outlier detection, and applied machine learning. His paper, “Enhancing Graph Neural Network-based Fraud Detectors against Camouflaged Fraudsters,” is one of the most cited papers in CIKM’20. He has been awarded the Top Contributor Award from PapersWithCode in 2022 and the best service award from WSDM’22. He has published more than twenty papers in multiple data mining and machine learning conferences and journals, including NeurIPS, KDD, TheWebConf, SIGIR, TKDE, TOIS.
- Kay Liu, Yingtong Dou, Yue Zhao et al., "BOND: Benchmarking Unsupervised Outlier Node Detection on Static Attributed Graphs", NeurIPS, 2022.
- Lichao Sun, Yingtong Dou, Carl Yang, Kai Zhang, Ji Wang, Philip S. Yu, Lifang He, Bo Li, "Adversarial Attack and Defense on Graph Data: A Survey.", IEEE TKDE, 2022.
- Yingtong Dou, Kai Shu, Congying Xia, Philip S. Yu, Lichao Sun, " User Preference-aware Fake News Detection", ACM SIGIR, 2021.
- Yingtong Dou, Zhiwei Liu, Li Sun, Yutong Deng, Hao Peng, Philip S. Yu, " Enhancing Graph Neural Network-based Fraud Detectors against Camouflaged Fraudsters", ACM CIKM, 2020.
- Yingtong Dou, Guixiang Ma, Philip S. Yu, Sihong Xie, " Robust Spammer Detection by Nash Reinforcement Learning", ACM KDD, 2020.