- Your bank’s website: Sign in to your account and search for activate new card.
- Mobile app: Many banks allow you to activate your card in the mobile app.
- Phone: Typically, your new card will include a sticker with a toll-free number to use for activation.
Visa benefits: reimagined
We’ve updated our offerings to match the real-life needs of our cardholders. Get to know our benefits.
Using your Visa Debit card
Learn more about how Visa Debit cards work.
How your Visa Debit card protects you from fraud
Every time you make a purchase, there are security protections that automatically help prevent fraud, including:
- Visa's Zero Liability Policy. This policy protects you from unauthorized charges if your card is lost or stolen.* You’re 100% protected—whether the purchases occurred online or in person.**
- Continuous fraud monitoring. Visa monitors activity on your debit card around the clock to help detect suspicious activity.
- Your card’s 3-digit security code. Your debit card includes a 3-digit security code to verify your identity for phone or online purchases.
What to do if there's a problem
- Fraudulent activity. If you notice fraudulent activity on your Visa Debit card, promptly contact your financial institution. Monitoring your transactions regularly will help you identify any unauthorized activity.
- Lost or stolen card. If your card is lost or stolen, contact your financial institution immediately.
- *Certain restrictions, limitations, and exclusions apply and benefit configuration may vary. Please refer to your Guide to Benefits or contact your financial institution for full program terms and conditions, and to confirm specific coverage levels.
- **Visa's Zero Liability policy does not apply to certain commercial card and anonymous prepaid card transactions or transactions not processed by Visa. Cardholders must use care in protecting their card and notify their issuing financial institution immediately of any unauthorized use and for additional details.