Headline grabbing data breaches have become more frequent over the years and payment account holders around the world should be more vigilant when it comes to protecting their personal information. Although not all data breaches involve payment data or leads to fraud, Visa offers financial institutions and merchants many different solutions and technologies to help protect consumer payment data.
No single security solution can prevent 100 percent of cyberattacks or malware threats – that’s why Visa offers and advocates the use of multiple layers of security. In addition, Visa’s investments in intelligence and technology bolsters trust in our network by utilizing talent and technology to help prevent, detect and eradicate threats.
What are some of the solutions and technologies that help protect consumer payment data? Checkout the videos below for a sample or visit Visa Security for a more comprehensive list.
- VisaNet – Take a trip no one has ever taken — the high-speed journey of a Visa transaction as it goes through hundreds of scans and checks the instant you buy something.
- Artificial Intelligence – How it works: Visa’s artificial intelligence (A.I.) for payment authorization and fraud detection.
- Transaction controls and alerts – Empowering consumers to help identify fraud and spending in near-real time.
- eCommerce Threat Disruption – Traces malicious servers and identifies compromised merchant websites to help protect consumer payment data.
- Contactless Payments and Secure Digital Tokens – Fast and secure payments for cards and IoT devices.