Mobile isn’t just the future of business—it’s the cornerstone of providing strong customer experiences.
By taking advantage of mobile payment technologies, you can eliminate long lines at the checkout counter, create systems to store the preferences of your most valued customers and provide safer checkout experiences.The bottom line is that mobile has the potential to make your business better.
But even if you’re ready to upgrade, you might still have questions about the when and the how. You may not feel financially confident about investing in new systems or know whether the timing is right.
The Visa Ready Program can help by giving merchants a primer on what’s necessary to start accepting mobile payments. Our goal is to make the process as easy for you to implement as it is for your customers to swipe a card. Here’s how we’re preparing the industry for the next generation of mobile checkout:
- Defining mPOS requirements and best practices to support the open development of commercially viable solutions and services, while upholding Visa's principles of security, brand integrity and interoperability.
- Providing applications, tools and services to enable the development of mobile acceptance solutions compatible with magnetic-stripe, EMV-chip and contactless-card payments.
- Making available open API (Application Program Interface) and SDK (Software Development Kit) to allow mPOS solutions providers in select markets to connect to Visa via a number of payment gateways, including CyberSource and Authorize.Net, acquired by Visa Inc. in 2010.
- Providing access to documentation and resources to guide partners and vendors through the Visa approval process.
- Providing access to the Visa Ready symbol, collateral and brand-usage guidelines that can be used to market and promote Visa-approved mPOS solutions.
The decision to implement a mobile payment solution could be one of the biggest decisions that your company makes. Make sure that you have a trusted partner and all the resources that you might need to build the right path forward for you. Learn more about Visa Ready by checking out this article.